Part Time (2 days pw)
Start: June 2017
We are recruiting a part time Accountant to join our growing head office team. We are looking for a motivated, hands on, self starter to assist with the preparation of accounts, cashflow forecasting, financial analysis and provide advice on accounting and tax matters for our growing company.
As the sole member of the Finance team, your duties will include anything and everything related to Finance and Accounts for a small business.
- Smooth running of finance function and primary finance contact for staff, accountant and Directors
- Key point and support to management for all finance matters
- Prepare statutory accounts
- Preparation of forecast and budget
- Development of investor updates and new business plans
- Delivery of management accounts
- Manage accounts payable and receivable
- Managing cash flow and supplier payments
- Purchase and set up new accounting and payroll software
- Calculation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of annual financial statements
- Contract external accountants to ensure oversight and preparation of annual accounts
- Review of corporation tax returns prepared by outsourced accountant
- Follow up aged debtors
- Management and submission of the Company’s auto enrolment pension scheme
- Submissions to and correspondence with HMRC
- Preparing information for auditors and accountants
- Manage Company Secretarial filings at Companies House
- Main HR contact: set up and run payroll, manage employee expense policy and claims, prepare employment contracts.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with proven experience as an accountant, financial controller and bookkeeper, with good communication and numerical skills. The ideal candidate will have excellent Excel skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues, suppliers and customers. This is an excellent role for someone looking to work part-time within finance.
You will have:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualification.
- An in-depth knowledge of accounting principles.
- A proven track record of producing reports for directors and management to deadlines
- The ability to work on your own initiative, with a proactive, flexible approach to work
- The desire to work in a small team where you are your own boss
- Experience working in a small firm and wearing the many hats that it entails
If you would like to work in the field for TPD, apply here.
- Organised, efficient, calm under pressure
- Network experience
- Drivers license and own car
- Data analysis