Start: June 2018
We are recruiting a Financial Controller to join our growing head office team. We are looking for a motivated, hands on, self starter to assist with the preparation of accounts, cashflow forecasting, financial analysis and provide advice on accounting and tax matters for our growing company.
You will be in charge of the Finance function for the company and your responsibilities will include anything and everything related to Finance and Accounts for a small business.
- Smooth running of finance function and primary finance contact for staff, accountant and Directors
- Key point and support to management for all finance matters
- Prepare statutory accounts
- Preparation of forecast and budget
- Development of investor updates and new business plans
- Delivery of management accounts
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable
- Manage Bookkeeper
- Responsibility for Finance department budget and hiring
- Managing cash flow and supplier payments
- Purchase and set up new accounting and payroll software
- Calculation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of annual financial statements
- Contract external accountants to ensure oversight and preparation of annual accounts
- Review of corporation tax returns prepared by outsourced accountant
- Follow up aged debtors
- Management and submission of the Company’s auto enrolment pension scheme
- Submissions to and correspondence with HMRC
- Preparing information for auditors and accountants
- Manage Company Secretarial filings at Companies House
- Main HR contact: set up and run payroll, manage employee expense policy and claims, prepare employment contracts.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with proven experience as an accountant, financial controller or bookkeeper, with good communication and numerical skills. The ideal candidate will have excellent Excel skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues, suppliers and customers. This is an excellent role for someone looking to work independently at an SME within finance. Part time applicants are encouraged to apply.
You will have:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualification.
- An in-depth knowledge of accounting principles.
- A proven track record of producing reports for directors and management to deadlines
- The ability to work on your own initiative, with a proactive, flexible approach to work
- The desire to work in a small team where you are your own boss
- Experience working in a small firm and wearing the many hats that it entails
UK, various locations
If you would like to work in the field for TPD, apply here.
- Organised, efficient, calm under pressure
- Network experience
- Drivers license and own car
- Data analysis
Send your CV to:
or fill in this Form.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We regret that only successful applicants will be contacted.