TPD take data feeds from multiple sources and processes them for redistribution to our clients across sports, media and betting industries. Our existing codebase, written in Python, collects and stores data from various REST sources. In addition, node.js applications are used to collect and store live data via web sockets.
This role will ensure all feeds are received reliably and consistently, analysing data integrity and backfilling data as necessary. You will work to set up maintenance and processing of new data sources as required. You will support our Data Scientist in setting up new database processing and monitoring to support the needs of the wider business.
You will also be responsible for the backend of our showcase apps and websites like www.betmover.com. You will be joining our existing development team including our Data Scientist, UI Developers and Lead Developer in expanding our capabilities and robust data provisions.
The role is responsible for ensuring TPD’s databases are maintained and extended as needed for the business. This role will work with the following technologies:
· PHP *
· Linux (with supervisord) *
· AWS *
· Flask / HTTP servers *
*beneficial / learn on the job
· A minimum of one year experience in data processing.
· Demonstrated success in managing databases.
· An interest in the racing or betting industry is worthwhile but is not a requirement.
Qualities and Attributes
A TPD employee is a self-starter who goes beyond the expected requirements of the role, further qualities and attributes that aid in the success of this role are:
· Work well under pressure and be able to prioritise to meet deadlines.
· Skills and experience to manage and deliver project plans.
· Ability to multi-task and quickly shift priorities as necessary.
· Demonstrated keen attention to detail.
· Team player attitude is essential as is the ability to work independently.
· Positive attitude and demonstrated optimism are necessary.
TPD has a head office in Central London but we are open to applications who would work remotely.
You must have a valid UK work permit, and be a resident in the UK.
Please submit your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com explaining why you are interested in this role, and why you would be perfect for us.
No agencies please.